Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sorry, I'm Taken

I like to shop. I love love love shopping for t-shirts. Anyone will tell you... t-shirts were actually the favor and centerpiece at my wedding. ANYWAY...

When I shop for t-shirts, I like to find the vintage ones; like my NBC peacock shirt, my Sugar Daddy shirt, Babelicious tee that is in the Bubbilicious logo and of course, Vote For Pedro.

What I don't like... Those stupid t shirts that are supposed to be worn by grown women that read things like, "I taught your boyfriend that thing you like" (I actually saw a young married mother wearing that shirt). One of my biggest annoyances is the t-shirts with matching jewelry that say just one word:

TAKEN.

PUH-LEASE.

To let someone know that you are taken, don't waste your money on t-shirts and jewelry. Do what I do...

I was at the beach with some girlfriends last week. We parked ourselves in front of this popular hang out spot for spring breakers. My friends tease me for being the only married one. Yeah, I know it's funny. Since Spring Break runs for MONTHS here, there is no escaping the morons you run into.

It was rather hot that day so we decided to take a walk into the lukewarm Gulf to converse on a sandbar. A few yards away, there were some younger guys tossing the football around. The ball came near where I was standing and one of the young men dove for it, using the close proximity as an excuse to talk to me.

Not noticing the ring on my left hand, the boy says, "Hey." I reply with an annoyed "Hi." He asks, "What are yoouuu doin?" I looked at him and said, "Peeing." He asked me to repeat myself and again, "I'm peeing." Then he asked if I was serious. I told him if he wanted to come a little closer, the water is rather warm in my area.

I guess he wasn't impressed as he made his way to another cluster of young girls.

4 comments:

La Yen said...

I love you.

Carina said...

That story gives me a warm feeling…

C. Jane Kendrick said...

I think this post should be called: The Day the Gulf Got A Little Warmer.

Shar said...

I love it. Made me laugh so hard. I'll still probably be laughing tomorrow. And the next day.