Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slow Week.

Not much has been going on here lately.

I have been busy with work and NMT and I have been picking out colors to paint our kitchen and to throw in a few accent walls.

I "guest bartended" at a St. Patrick's Day slash charity event at the bar I used to work at. It was a true testament as to why I don't work there anymore. Don't get me wrong, it was fun for a night. However, I can't decide which was more fun: seeing old faces or saying to certain people "Oh you don't like my attitude? You can complain, but it won't do anything. I'm only here for the night. I don't really work here."

We had a man come the other day to do some work on our floors the other day. He brought his lovely wife. So sweet. She was helping him with this and that, looked around our home and told me how nice it was. That was nice to hear because NMT and I aren't would like to get out of it. She was looking at pictures we have all over the house... our nieces and nephews, wedding pictures, my friends... and she turns and says to me,

"You know, you're really cute. I don't know if anyone has ever told you that. But you are just adorable." I replied with a thank you and no, I have never, in my 28 years on this Earth been told that I was cute.

I made myself disappear for a few hours, running to town looking for things to do. I went to a store to look for a new purse, you know, because that's exactly what I need. Upon my return, man and lovely wife were still working away at our floors.

Our house isn't very big so I didn't have anywhere to hide. Lovely turned and looked at me and out of nowhere says, "Yeah, I had therapy done on my finger... this one... "

Ah. NMT must have told her what I do for a living. For those of you that are not aware... Massage Therapy is NOT... I repeat... NOT the same as physical therapy. Just a little FYI.

That's about it. I just wanted all to know that I am still alive and delaying all my day off responsibilities. Hey, I may post later depending on what I see today. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Carina said...

I got this thing, can you look at it?

tia frijoles said...

it's probably a slipped disc and no i can't fix those either. i don't do bones.