Tuesday, March 4, 2008

For the love

Have I ever told you about my bestie?

I call her Sarrie and she calls me BF. I know what you're thinking... aw, BF. How sweet. BF stands for Best Friend.

Kinda. Yes, we are BFFs. However, BF actually stands for Bran Flake. In high school, I had a friend and her mom called me Bran Flake. Sarrie calls me Bran Flake because I am wholesome yet, I have a tendency to be a little air headed at times.

One things she likes to pick on me about is my insistence on proper grammar. Quite the oxymoron since New Mr. Tia sometimes lacks in the grammar department. My brother and sister and I have always been sticklers for the subject.

One day, Sarrie and I were on our way to dinner with a friend and we passed a restaurant that had a sign reading "BE ARE VALENTINE". You can imagine my distress over this sign. Sarrie talked me out of calling the restaurant to alert them to the error. On our way back, the sign was changed and I was able to rest easy.

I was on my way home from visiting a friend the other day when I was at a stoplight only to fixate on the sign at Arby's reading "TRY AR FISH". I tried to take a picture with my camera phone but it didn't turn out. I then went home to retrieve my camera so I could capture this atrocity. Much to my dismay, the lighting was awful and I couldn't get the picture right.

When I called Sarrie to express my disgust, she tried to give Arby's the benefit of the doubt. She tried to explain maybe they were trying to be pirates and say, "Try AR Fish".

No bueno.

A) Arby's has a cowboy hat for a logo.
B) Even pirates know that you spell it AARRRRGGGHHHH.
C) That idea could only work for Long John Silver's.

New Mr. Tia got a kick out of the sign the next day as he was heading to work. I didn't have time to stop to take the picture before work therefore, leaving me another day without the picture.

Today, as I left the house, I specifically went OUT OF MY WAY to pass this Arby's to take the picture I longed for... It was a cloudy day so I didn't have to worry about the sun's position. What do you know? The sign read "TRY OUR FISH".

I wonder who called them.

1 comment:

Hildie said...

Once I went to Olive Garden and the handwritten sign at the from said, "when your here, your family". I told the hostess that it was spelled wrong, and when we checked on the way out it had been changed to "when yore here, yore family". I felt really bad that she was obviously really dumb. So I didn't tell her that she was still wrong.